Sarcity operates under the authority and direct support of the San Bernardino County Sheriff and Cal EMA. Recent changes now require that Sarcity registration observe government affiliation attendance restrictions. All attendee’s and Instructors at Sarcity must be an active or retired member or affiliate member of a verifiable Governmental agency. This includes Law enforcement, Fire, EMS, and SAR. No "independent" SAR teams, organizations, or individuals are permitted. Please insure that on your registration form you list the government agency and supervisor contact information so that membership or affiliation can be verified.All attendee’s must show valid agency ID.
If your not sure of your affiliation status please contact us so we may make a determination
SAR City runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the second weekend of October. Registration opens Friday at 3:00 p.m. in front of the gym with classes starting at 1800 to 2100; continuing Saturday from 0800 to 1730 and Sunday from 0800 to 1200.
SARCity is celebrating it's 42nd year this October 10th, 11th and 12th, 2015. There will be lots of new classes, while still offering the basics for those just getting into search and rescue. For those who have not heard of, or had the opportunity to attend SARCity, let me give you a short synopsis. SARCity is put on by the Barstow Desert Rescue Squad, in conjunction with the San Bernardino County Sheriff, OES, Barstow College and the over 100 instructors who volunteer their time and expertise. Over fifty classes are offered,some last an hour, others can go the whole weekend. Four excellent meals are provided,and for the weekend tent camping or motor home space is provided or stay at a motel within a couple miles. A Saturday night program starts with a barbeque, a special guest presentation, followed by a huge raffle. You will not find a better training experience at any level than here. Team participation is encouraged and we discount for five or more members. For specific questions please contact us.
|Tuesday 10th of March 2015 04:25:08 PM|
|We are looking for new classes so if you have an idea or an instructor of interest please let us know.
|Wednesday 13th of May 2015 09:13:35 PM|
|2015 SAR City Proposed Courses offered by San Bernardino county Sheriffs Department
1. 1st Aid / CPR – SBSD Department Volunteer Certification
2. Horse & Rider Minimum Standards HARMS (Annual Recertification)
3. Technical Rescue Awareness Certification
4. SAR Skills Recertification
5. Drivers Awareness SBSD Certification
6. Basic Mountaineering Course (Classroom Portion)
7. Off Highway Vehicle Certification (&Re-Cert)
8. Sworn Department Coordinators / Supervisors Course
9. Investigative Man Tracking Course / POST Certification
10. S&R Communications Course
11. 1st Operation Period of a Search
12. Heli-Tac (S&R Helicopter) Certification
13. Large Animal Evacuations (S&R Posse Oriented)
14. Amateur Radio (Ham) Radio License Certification
15. S&R Mapping
16. S&R Planning (ICS Command Post Position)
17. S&R Operations (ICS Command Post Position)
18. OES Abduction – Mission Person OES Course
19. GPS Download into mapping
20. Debriefing S&R Members
21. Vehicle / Trailer / OHV - Annual Inspection Certification
22. Human Bone Recognition for S&R Members
23. Topographical Map & Magnetic Compass Course
24. GPS Operation
25. Incident Action Plan (Command Post Function)
26. Equestrian / Posse - 1st Aid / Care / Equipment
27. Canine (SAR Dog) - 1st Aid / Care / Equipment
28. Introduction to the Advanced EMT (AEMT) Program
29. S&R Member Nutrition
30. S&R Member Wilderness Survival
31. Basic Knot Course
32. Introduction to S&R ICS
DIRECTIONS TO BARSTOW COLLEGE:
View Barstow College in a larger map
Take I15 North (towards Las Vegas); exit Barstow Road,
turn right onto Barstow Road and proceed approximately 1 1/2 miles south.
Barstow Community College is on the right hand side.
Registration is located at the front of the College Gym.